Extensions add features to MediaWiki or enchance existing features. See Special:Version for an automatic list of all extensions (special pages, parser hooks, media handlers and other extensions) installed on this wiki and info about their developers.
- AJAX based gadget to display the category structure of a wiki
- Contact form
- Contact form for users to contact the ShoutWiki staff
- Displays edit count of a user
- A special page for viewing existing events
- Allows users to upload multiple files at once
- Shows your current skin, browser, operating system and full User-Agent string
- Newest Pages
- Shows the last X pages added to the wiki
- Send to a Friend
- Allows wiki users to send links to articles to their friends.
These tools are available only to the ShoutWiki staff due to the high potential of abuse. Please contact us or email us at
shoutwiki.com if you need a CheckUser performed or revisions hid from page history etc.
- Allows changing a revision's author
- Allows the staff to check a user's IP address and other information
- Easy global user rights administration
- Allows the staff to check a user's preferences
- Web interface for various maintenance scripts
- A special page to view and edit the interwiki table
- AJAX Poll
- Adds polling capabilities through the <poll> tag
- Adds <calendar/> tag for adding events to the calendar
- Adds <ref[ name=id]> and <references/> tags, for citations
- A specialized Inputbox for page creation
- Allows users to close the sitenotice
- Adds <timeline> tag to create timelines
- Global CSS & JS
- Global CSS and JS that will be loaded for every wiki from a central wiki
- Allows client-side clickable image maps using <imagemap> tag
- Allow inclusion of predefined HTML forms
- Enhance parser with logical functions
- Display a random option from the given set
- Shared Newtalk
- Marks changes to talk pages across the wiki farm to notify the user in a centralized location
- Allows embedding shoutboxes into pages
- Defines an additional set of parser functions that operate on strings
- Syntax Highlight
- Provides syntax highlighting by using GeSHi Highlighter
- RSS feed extension
- Displays an RSS feed on a wiki page
- Wiki Category Tag Cloud
- A category tag cloud
- Syntax to display hieroglyph
- Embeds videos from popular video services, such as YouTube, Google Video, Archive.org and so on
Spam and blocking[編輯]
- Simple captcha implementation
- A powerful mechanism for blocking spam. Staff-only.
- Adds a simple spam/bot check to forms
- Regex-based anti-spam tool
This is a list of MediaWiki extensions that are available upon request. Please contact us if you need one or more of these extensions installed on your wiki.
- Universal reporting tool for MediaWiki wikis
- Highly Automated Welcome Tool
- Welcomes new users after their first edit
- Google Maps
- Interactive, annotated Google maps for your wiki
- Allows restricting editing to users with a certain e-mail address
- Provides a random media picker using <randomimage />
- Semantic MediaWiki
- Allows users to add structured data to wiki pages through simple wikitext markup that identifies relations between pages and attribute values of pages.
- Custom CSS stylesheets to display on the user's userpage & subpages
- A special page for viewing the list of users currently online
- Social Tools for MediaWiki. Includes user profiles, avatars, gifts, awards, friending and foeing and user levels.
- Adds <comments> parser hook that allows commenting on articles
- Adds new special pages to invite your friends and send email links to your friends. Can be enabled on non-social wikis.
- Allows users to submit all kinds of links for approval.
- Adds <randomfeatureduser> parser hook to display a randomly chosen 'featured' user and some info regarding the user, such as his or her avatar.
- Adds <randomimagebycategory> tag for displaying a randomly chosen image from a given category. Can be enabled on non-social wikis.
- Adds <randomuserswithavatars> tag for displaying the avatars of randomly chosen wiki users.
- Adds <welcomeUser> tag to display user-specific social info
- Two parser hooks, <loggedin> and <loggedout> to show different text depending on the users' login state. Can be enabled on non-social wikis.
- Open proxy blocking based on an on-wiki list of open proxies
- Allows a site administrator to temporarily block various site modifications
Requesting a new extension[編輯]
To request a new feature to be added to ShoutWiki or to get an on-request feature activated for your wiki, please email us at
shoutwiki.com or leave a message to a member of the Customer Support Team and they'll look onto it.
Please note that while we try in general to fulfill as many requests as possible, we cannot fulfill each and every of them; some extensions might be badly-coded and cause security leaks or then they might not be compatible with our caching system.
- MediaWiki extensions list at MediaWiki.org, the home page of MediaWiki software